The Physical Education Curriculum
The aim of the Physical education department is to ensure that all pupils:
- Are inspired through their experiences in physical education, school sport and physical activity that will lead to lifelong participation.
- Develop the fundamental skills and competence to excel in a wide range of physical activities by providing a broad & balanced curriculum with opportunities for all to be enjoyed.
- Will learn to develop the important qualities of perseverance, discipline, resilience, communication, collaboration, respect and commitment.
- By the end of year 11 will leave school with the knowledge and understanding of how to lead a healthy active lifestyle and appreciate the social, mental, physical benefits sport and exercise can bring.
- Develop their ‘cultural capital’ through a range of experiences, such as participating in external and internal festivals and competitions.
|KS3 PE||Year 7 Curriculum Overview ( Click here )|
|Year 8 Curriculum Overview ( Click here )|
|Year 9 Curriculum Overview ( Click here )|
|KS4 PE||Year 10 Curriculum Overview ( Click here )|
|Year 11 Curriculum Overview ( Click here )|
Intent, Implementation and Impact
How did we design the curriculum? Click here for details
Studying PE at KS4