Our vision for our D.T. curriculum
Our vision for the D.T. curriculum is that students:
- Can use a range of materials, tools and equipment to design and improve the world around them.
- Are able to use a range of strategies to think and design creatively when faced with problems and challenges to support life skills.
- Can make informed choices as consumers of products and technology.
- Evaluate and understand the key principles of design and the impact design and technology has on society.
- Are able to plan, prepare and safely cook a range of dishes that enables students to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- To know and understand the nutritional content and function of ingredients in the dishes they cook or consume.
- Understand how food is produced and the impact this has on the environment.
|DT and Food||KS3 Curriculum Overview ( Click here )|
|KS4 Curriculum Overview ( Click here )|
Intent, Implementation and Impact
How did we design the curriculum? Click here for details
Studying Food preparation and nutrition at KS4
Studying BTEC construction at KS4
Studying BTEC engineering at KS4
Studying BTEC health and social care at KS4